Standard consultations are for 50 minutes and fees are based on a percentage of the Recommended Fee set by the Australian Psychological Society (APS) – currently $251. We review and adjust fees at the beginning of every calendar year. As we don’t want the fee to be a barrier to accessing high standard psychological services, we offer a reduced fee if you have challenging financial circumstances. In this case the fee and exact percentage of the APS rate is determined by your income range.
Current Fees (2019):
Clinical Psychology consultations are $250 (100% of the APS Rec. Fee).
Psychologist / Clinical Psychology Registrar fees are $210 (85% of the APS Rec. Fee)
Discounted fees may be offered under certain circumstances.
Dr Simon Crisp’s standard fees are $275 (110% of the APS Recommended Fee). Couple or family consultations (with adult children) are $310 (122% of the APS Recommended Fee).
Emma Lund’s standard fee is $210 but discounted fees may be offered in certain circumstances. (see HypnoBirthing page for class fees)
With Medicare rebates, gap payments range upward from $65.00 (see Medicare section below). We can also process your Medicare rebate claim on-line for you at the end of your session.
Psychology services attract Medicare rebates for mental health disorders when you or your child is referred by a GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician. There is a maximum of 10 standard sessions claimable per calendar year with a review by the medical referrer after the sixth session.
The current rebate amount for standard consultations is $126.50 for Clinical Psychologists [$86.15 for other Psychologists]. It is recommended that you speak directly to Medicare for more information about rebates Phone: 13 20 11. Please be aware that your eligibility for a rebate rests with the referring medical practitioner and Medicare.
Medicare Safety Net: once reached, rebates cover a higher percentage of the fee.
TAC / WorkCover / Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VoCAT)
Usually, Dr Simon Crisp only provides privately funded and Medicare rebated consultations and does not provide TAC, WorkCover or VOCAT funded assessments or counselling. However, other members of his team, whom he supervises, can provide services funded under these schemes.
Private Health insurance rebates
Psychology services can attract a private health insurance rebate for part of this fee with extras cover (please check with your insurance provider or see the information on the APS website). You can use private health insurance cover in addition to Medicare rebates (but not to claim twice for the same service) and you do not need a referral from a medical practitioner to qualify. [Please note that we reserve the right to charge an administration fee if an insurer’s requirement to make a claim eligible is unreasonably onerous.]
The following describes the policy of Neo Psychology Pty Ltd for the management of clients’ information. Services provided are bound by the legal requirements of the National Privacy Principles from the Australian Federal Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
Client files are held securely and are accessible only to authorised staff. The information on each file includes personal information such as name, address, contact phone numbers, and other information that is relevant to the service being provided.
Purpose of holding information
Information is gathered as part of referral, appointment making, and the assessment of, and counselling for, the client’s condition (if applicable), or to provide a program, and is seen only by psychologists or authorised staff under strict supervision. The information is retained in order to document what happens during each session or program, and enables the psychologist or authorized staff to provide a relevant and informed service. Basic personal contact and other details are kept to allow billing for services rendered.
Client data used for research
To help better understand the needs of our clients, and to ensure that services are effective, some data that is collected may be de-identified (have any identifying information removed so the identity of the person who supplied the data cannot be known) and used for research purposes by Dr Simon Crisp, Neo Psychology or third parties such as universities and their students. Once receipt of services has ceased by the client, Neo Psychology may use client information to contact past clients to invite them to participate in future research projects.
Requests for access to client information
At any stage, clients may request to see the information about them kept on file. The psychologist may discuss the contents with them and/or give them a copy. All requests by clients for access to information held about them should be lodged with the Director, Dr Simon Crisp. These requests will be responded to within 14 days and an appointment will be made if necessary for clarification purposes.
If any information about the use and management of your information is still unclear, please contact Neo Psychology for clarification. If you have a concern about the management of your personal information, please inform the Director, Dr Simon Crisp. Upon request you can obtain a copy of the National Privacy Principles, which describe your rights and how your information should be handled. Ultimately, if you wish to lodge a formal complaint about the use of, or access to, your personal information, you may do so with the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner on 1300 363 992, or GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 1042.
- Your psychologist will need to collect and record personal information from you that is relevant to your current situation. This information will be a necessary part of the referral, appointment making, assessment and counselling / treatment / program that you will receive.
- Some services may also be provided by registered Provisional Psychologists, youth professionals and professional students under the supervision of the Director, Dr Simon Crisp. These conditions of the services provided also apply to all consultants and staff involved in providing assessment, counselling or programs to you.
- Clients will only be accepted for consultation, or placed on to the waiting list if the services we provide would appear to be suitable for their needs,
- Clients are allocated to the next most available and suitable psychologist. Based on information provided at referral, the client will be allocated to a psychologist who has appropriate qualifications, experience or specialisation for the needs of the client,
- Where a client’s needs are determined to be urgent, priority may be given for allocation to, and an appointment for a psychologist over other clients on the waiting list,
- A client in emergency crisis or at risk to themselves should attend the Emergency Department of their local general hospital or consult their general medical practitioner. While we attempt to respond quickly to the urgent needs of our clients, Neo Psychology does not offer emergency support or crisis counselling,
- If it is likely that a referral or appointment request is likely to take more than a clinically appropriate amount of time, or is expected to be greater than 4 weeks (whichever is the lesser), the client will be contacted to determine the urgency of the referral, and alternative services or psychologists will be recommended if appropriate. The client will continue to be retained on the waiting list in case an appointment becomes available before any alternative,
- The initial assessment consultation(s) with a client are usually used to determine the precise needs at the time. Following an initial assessment, it may be necessary to refer the client on to another more suitable service, or for adjunct assessment, counselling, treatment or case-management from another professional or service,
- While referrals are accepted and appointments offered on the basis that weekly sessions can be offered in the future, it may not be possible for weekly sessions to always be available where other client’s may unexpectedly need more frequent sessions,
- If a client has been listed for more than 4 weeks on the waiting list and has not responded to our attempts to contact them or has not followed through with appointment times offered, they may be removed from the waiting list and will need to re-register on-line to be returned to the waiting list.
- Neo Psychology Pty Ltd accepts no liability for the use or mis-use of material purchased, downloaded or viewed from this website or any on-line function, and will not be liable for any damages, material or any other that may occur from it use,
- No responsibility is accepted for the customer’s technical ability to download or view purchased material, including any disruptions to networks, internet connections and so on,
- All products and services purchased are for private use only unless otherwise agreed by licence. Downloading copyrighted material does not imply ownership of that material.
Refund & Returns
- A full refund (less postage) will be provided for any hardcopy products purchased which are defective, don’t match the description, or are not for the purpose as advertised, and which are returned with stated reasons for return within 30 days.
- Downloaded products allow for the viewing of documents, audio materials or video material, which at all times remain the property of Neo Psychology Pty Ltd. Payment for these products entitles the purchaser to read, listen to view this material, in some instances on a once-off basis only. Some material may not be able to be electronically stored by the purchaser, including copying onto any storage device. Downloading copyrighted material does not imply ownership of that material.
- Where the purchaser can reasonably demonstrate that their attempt to read, listen to, or view any material purchased has failed in part or whole due to connection or technical reasons, Neo Psychology Pty Ltd will happily provide any downloadable material a second time to the purchaser at no additional cost. eBooks or other downloadable documents will only be replaced if PDF files are faulty or corrupted.
- Any services purchased online, such as workshop or course attendance, will have a specified cancellation policy which applies regardless of the type of payment made. Please refer to the relevant downloadable flyer.
We send purchases via Australia Post, unless otherwise requested. Charges vary according to the weight of the parcel and the shipping address. Dispatch will be between 7 to 10 working days and delivery will depend on the destination and normal postal processes.
If you are not happy with your purchase, contact us with your purchase details at:
PO Box 7 Kew East, 3102 VIC Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org or +61(0)3 9810 3067.
Credit Card Privacy
All credit card details are encrypted securely and processed through secure internet-based practice management software systems or EFTPoS systems run by the National Australia Bank. No information, including the nature of purchases is shared with any other party.